Thursday, October 8, 2009

I have thick, course hair. Any cute medium length hair cuts to show me?

I get my hair cut in 3 days and WANT a new style!



I have thick, course hair. Any cute medium length hair cuts to show me?

remember when Rachel had her hair cut in the first Friends series... i think that may suit. it's layered so will have some bounce to it and not look as thick or course when cut in a feathered style around your face



good luck xx



I have thick, course hair. Any cute medium length hair cuts to show me?

i can not draw a picture of a haircut using letters-sorry.



I have thick, course hair. Any cute medium length hair cuts to show me?

Try a bob like Nicole Richie.



But thats only if you dont have a long head. If you have a long head like Tori Spelling short hair is not for you!!



I have thick, course hair. Any cute medium length hair cuts to show me?

i have the same kinda hair and i got mine layerd and angled in the front so that my front pieces are shorter than the rest of my hair but it belnds in nicely so its not choppy looking. and then i part it to the side a bit. i think its pretty cute. i dont have a pic to show you though. good luck



I have thick, course hair. Any cute medium length hair cuts to show me?

Down to your shoulders (or above) is a really cute spring look, even though it's not spring yet, but it's just around the corner...I had this done before and everyone loved it.



I have thick, course hair. Any cute medium length hair cuts to show me?

Go check out the naturally curly site. They have a curlmunity message board section as well as featured hairstyles and salons for us curly grrls:



http://www.naturallycurly.com/



Have you seen the book Curly Girl by Elaine Massey yet? Or checked out the book Curl Talk by Ouidad? They both discuss special cutting techniques for curly hair. They are both NYC stylists but Ouidad has hair salons that have been trained in her technique in other places, too.



There's also a guy I heard of recently who has what he calls special "tunnel cuts" that both curl and shape, but also thin out the the hair, but he claims only he can cut hair like this!



Look for Andie Macdowell pics wearing her hair both curly and straight-- using the same haircut. Her naturally curly hair is very curly, spirally type curls and very thick. But her hair is very fine. If she had bushy or wiry hair, some of her styles would be so big, they'd be bouffants!



See the difference on Andie, between short and layered (top pic) and long and mostly one length (bottom pic), here:



http://www.beautifulhairstyles.com/andie...



Don't cut your hair shorter than chin length with our type of hair, regardless of layering technique or the type of cut used, or you'll end up with "pyramid hair" which is a triangular-shaped afro! Or worse, "football helmet head". And you'll have to use tons of product, that make the hair look stringy, wet or crunchy, to get it to lay properly at that shorter length.



My opinion and experience with 40 years of dealing with curly hair that is truly curly and not just wavy, is that to have it look the best in all weathers, and to give you some versatility, you either have to crop it close to the head (less than 1-2 inches in chunky sections all over) or go really long (past shoulder length, with "bangs" or layers no shorter than chin length).



Otherwise the bangs pouf up wierdly or on the sides of the head, you get "dog ears" hanging down in weird shapes or chunks when you wear it "wash and go" curly.



Now, if you want to straighten it every day or wear it up or back while curly, you can cut it above shoulder length and layer it all over, but be aware that when you do that it must be kept up/back or straightened or you will have a flyaway mess with no real shape or style to it. But it will be very light and thin and will look great when straight.



Go here to see some really cute curly hairstyles of all lengths and see the curl clinic with questions and answers:



http://www.beautyriot.com/category.php?i...

No comments:

Post a Comment