Thursday, October 8, 2009

Is it true that red and puple hair dye shows up well on darker hair?

I have dirty blonde/light brown hair and I have been thinking about dying it. I know it shows up really well if you bleach it, but how well would it show up if I didnt bleach imy hair? I've heard that purples and reds show up better than other colors, but how much better?



Is it true that red and puple hair dye shows up well on darker hair?

it depends on how vibrant you want the color to be, if you want your hair to be pillar box/fire engine red, pre-lightening is ideal, but if you're going more subtle/natural red, dirty bonde is fine, even if you want it brighter but are ok with it not being a "true" color. just be sure it's what you want to do, because if you dye it either purple or red, and get sick of it next month, it takes a lot of time, money, damage and sometimes pain to get it back to blonde. if you're going to go for a more wild color i'd suggest either rusk or manic panic colors, if you're going for more subtle try getting your color at a beauty supply store instead of a grocery store, only because the red/purple will last longer and it won't damage the hair as much if it's creme based instead of liquid.



Is it true that red and puple hair dye shows up well on darker hair?

It should work fine. My hair is almost black, a really dark brown, and I dyed it bright red once and it was bright! I didn't bleach or lighten it or anything ahead of time. However, I strongly suggest reading the chart on the side of the box of dye. They tend to be pretty accurate. Since your hair isn't too dark, it probably won't be an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment