Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Dyed My Hair But The Dye Didn't Show Up In Some Spots Should I Dye My Whole Head Over Or Just

The Spots That Were Missed?????



I Dyed My Hair But The Dye Didn't Show Up In Some Spots Should I Dye My Whole Head Over Or Just Redye.....

Get more specific with your details...



Did you lighten or Deposit colour (lighter or darfer than your original colour?)



Did you have colour on your hair already before you dyed it?



Hair is very porous (like a sponge) but not always evenly so the colour that you used (if it was drugstore) most likely didnt deposit thoroughly because of this.



I Dyed My Hair But The Dye Didn't Show Up In Some Spots Should I Dye My Whole Head Over Or Just Redye.....

go to a hairstylist... or ask someone to dye it fer ya...



I Dyed My Hair But The Dye Didn't Show Up In Some Spots Should I Dye My Whole Head Over Or Just Redye.....

You do not mention what type of product you used nor how long your hair is, so it's hard to say.



If it was bleach I recommend waiting until your next application in a month. Bleach is not as forgiving as permanent tint. If you overlap on the previously lightened hair it may break.



if it is permanent tint and not any sort of high lift formulation AND you can section out the missed areas without much overlap you can go ahead and touch up these areas only but do not apply the color to the entire head . Anytime you overlap and process for the entire time (usually 30 minutes) you will make the hair porous and the disturb the balance of your PH as well as causing the color to be uneven, either lighter or darker or too much or too little deposit of the tone.



Next time have a friend help you and take very small sections applying to the regrowth area and missed spots for most of the processing time. Please don't just dump the color on and mush it around. That technique assures that spots will be missed and overlapping of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment